Retail Survey Kiosk Application
A leading fashion retail approached Scalan Labs to build a survey kiosk app for collecting real-time feedback from customers of its US-based clothing stores. The client wanted to develop a cross-platform mobile app that is capable to run seamlessly on iPads & Android tablets.
The goal of the project was to create a tool that would help customers to provide on-premise surveys during or after shopping, by using kiosks (iPads and Android tablets) installed at various touchpoints/kiosks in a retail store. For this, Scalan Labs designed feedback forms containing a total of about 20+ tailor-made questions, each with five answer choices.
These were loaded into the software and we created the app with a clean and intuitive user interface having lesser number of aesthetic elements; although emojis and other similar icons were used for finer visual impression. The app generates valuable data through survey responses, which retailers can use to make data-driven decisions. Insights gained from the surveys can inform product improvements, marketing strategies, and overall business strategies.
The app has following functionalities:
- Survey timer – for setting time to complete a survey,
- Auto reset – for restarting a survey for a new customer, and
- Kiosk mode – for taking password-protected surveys to ensure privacy.
- Offline Mode– Enable the app to function even when there’s no internet connection, and then sync the data when the device is back online.
- Real-time Reporting– Provide real-time analytics and reporting for retailers to track survey responses and gain actionable insights.
- Integration with CRM- Integrate the app with internal Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to store survey data and better understand customer behavior.
Platform: Cross-platform Mobile App for iOS and Android
Tools: React Native, Node JS, MongoDb, Restful API.
Fully automated surveys via the app aided in the real-time reporting of customer experience – their praises, complaints, preferences, expectations and the like. The client could monitor these responses on an admin dashboard and, on the spot, take necessary steps for corrective action.
Key industry metrics like NPS(Net Promoter Score) for each store could be understood through the surveys besides other critical customer insights. Overall, the client was able to refine customer strategy and boost brand reputation after implementing the survey retail kiosk app.
“Of all the things I’ve done, the most vital is coordinating those who work with me and aiming their efforts at a certain goal.” –
Walt Disney, Founder of Disney
More Case Studies
Let's Work Together.
Looking for a Retail Survey Kiosk Application development company?
Get in touch with our team to find out more about how we can develop your app.